mech=login, auth=sasldb, groups=???

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Tue Nov 12 02:21:44 EST 2002

Ian McDonald schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> If I store my passwords (and hence list of users) in sasldb2, what stores my
> list of group names, and which users are in each group?

Good question. I had the same question but with LDAP. I'm doing
Cyrus-IMAPd -> saslauthd -> PAM -> LDAP. Now, IIRC one can grant
permissions based on groups through ACLs, what are the group used in
this situation. Well, in my case I could have been using posix groups in
the LDAP tree but I'm curious whether this would work?

Simon