Updating /seen from concurrent sessions

Lawrence Greenfield leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 14 14:30:24 EST 2002

   Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:38:27 +0100
   From: Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es>

   Andrew McNamara wrote:

   > I realise this is an old known problem, but I've spent some time searching
   > list archives, and other sources looking for an answer. Any help anyone
   > can provide will be gratefully received.

   Try using skiplist for the seen.db
   It doesn't really solve the problem but it masks it well enough.

>From my understanding, changing to skiplist really shouldn't change
the visible behavior at all. But I've been wrong before.

It would be possible to flush the seen state more often; it's just a
question of how often and when should other imapds look for it. I've
never actually seen this problem happen whenever I've fooled around
with OE so I've never looked at the code to figure out what to do.

Larry