Thoughts on the age-old cyradm thingie

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Tue Nov 19 02:53:51 EST 2002

Jay Levitt schrieb:

> Thanks!  That's very helpful, especially given the notes from Henrique about
> patches - sounds like I don't want to be running a stock imapd on Linux.
>
> Still, it'd be good to fix this in the source distribution as well.  After
> thinking about it, I suspect adding
> --perl-prefix to configure is probably the right way to do it; if it's not
> specified, leaving it blank would then let MakeMaker put it in the right
> place.  What do people think?  I'm happy to try my hand at a patch; I've
> been meaning to learn autoconf for a few years now, and I even bought the
> dead-tree version of the book.

I'm the 'original' author of the RedHat Cyrus-IMAPd RPMs which Luca
kindly 'ported' to Mandrake. And no, it wasn't easy to make it build on
several different distributions. The biggest problem I had was always
the Perl part of Cyrus, and maybe the way RedHat has changed the Perl
part of their distributions in the past. I looked at so many Perl source
RPMs from RedHat but was unable to do the same with Cyrus. So, if there
is really something broken in the perl part of Cyrus and could be fixed,
I'd be happy to see it.

Simon