Thoughts on the age-old cyradm thingie

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Thu Nov 21 03:12:03 EST 2002

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what my problems were on RedHat.
And I didn't really understand how this MakeMaker thing works. What I
remember is that the biggest problem comes from the fact that Cyrus perl
doesn't want to build for, say /usr/, and install to
/var/tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.1.10/usr/. I compared with several Perl packages
and in the Makefiles, there was always something like
PREFIX=$(INSTALLDIR)/usr
while in the Cyrus one there was
PREFIX=/usr
and I didn't find out where the problem came from.
Sorry for my description not being exact but if somebody knows where the
problem lies, this could maybe get fixed and makes people happy who make
packaged distributions of Cyrus-IMAPd.

Simon