OT LVM Snapshot for backups (was: Best way to backup cyrus syste)

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Thu Nov 21 03:18:39 EST 2002

Jared Watkins schrieb:

> I would think you could use LVM the linux volume manager along with it's
> snapshot feature.. and then any sort of backup program you want.  I'm
> not using this method yet... but I will be soon...  is anyone else out
> there running LVM or some other volume manager under linux in production?

I recommend the XFS ML for this question, there are people there using
XFS/LVM on _big_ servers. XFS, which is my preferred FS on Linux, works
very nice with LVM and EVMS. I'm not using it in production but I know
people do. There were some issues with snapshotting in the past but
AFAIK they are fixed.

Simon