Skiplist / best practice for 2.1 branch

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Mon Nov 18 18:14:27 EST 2002

Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> Are you recommending that RH 8.0 users running Cyrus should downgrade
> their BDB libraries to a 3.x RPM set for db3 (perhaps as supplied for
> RH 7.3)?  Wouldn't that tend to have adverse consequences for other
> software (Sendmail comes to mind) which expects them and which might
> well be on a Red Hat 8.0 mail server along with Cyrus?

I think a lot of people would recommend you stay away from RH 8.0 for
production servers. Not that I know of any particular problems... it's
just that there's a lot of bleeding-edge stuff that hasn't proved itself
as far as I'm concerned.

IMHO, if you want a reliable Cyrus server on RedHat, use RH 7.3 or
"Advanced Server" with all updates applied.