Not seeing Inbox

Oleksandr Firsov suns at firsov.net
Wed Nov 20 18:32:26 EST 2002

It seems You need to use feature below:

from doc/overview.html:
Alternate Namespace
The Cyrus IMAP server can also use an alternate namespace which allows a
user's personal mailboxes to appear as if they reside at the same level as
that user's INBOX as opposed to children of it. With this feature, it may
appear that there are non-unique names for mailboxes between users (2
different users may each have a top level "work" mailbox), but the internal
representation is still user.name.work.
======
Alternate Mailbox Namespace
The alternate namespace allows a user's personal mailboxes to appear as if
they reside at the same level as that user's INBOX as opposed to children of
it. For example, if user "bovik" had a personal "work" mailbox, it would
appear to user "bovik" as "work" instead of "INBOX.work" as it would in the
standard namespace.

This configuration requires that a special prefix be used for shared folders
(to distinguish them from personal folders) and for accessing other users'
folders. By default, the prefix for shared folders is "Shared Folders" and
the prefix for other users folders is "Other Users". For example, a shared
folder "foo" in the standard namespace would be presented as "Shared
Folders.foo" in the alternate namespace.

NOTE: All tools for administering the server, including admins using cyradm,
always use the internal namespace.

Configuring the Alternate Namespace
To use the alternate namespace, turn on the altnamespace option in
/etc/imapd.conf. The prefixes used for shared folders and other users
folders can be changed from the defaults by setting the sharedrefix and
userprefix options respectively.

Sasha
PS. Someone need unix admin in DC area? see http://firsov.net