Not seeing Inbox

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Nov 20 18:04:41 EST 2002

If you set up an IMAP client, you should see all the folders in
Exchange, just like you would with any other IMAP account - except, if
you use shared folders, Outlook Express can't (or won't) poll them and
won't display them by default.  You have to go to Folders, click on the
shared folder and click on Go To to get the folder to display in the
tree.

The other gentleman was incorrect about OE displaying the Inbox.  Using
IMAP, it displays the inbox just fine.  *POP* accounts are all
"consolidated in the default Inbox.

As far as why you can't see the IMAP inbox, that's an issue separate
from OE.  Look at the permissions on the folder.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
TCS Department Coordinator
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member