PostgreSQL backend: a waste of time?

Alessandro Oliveira alessandro.o at nunoferreira.com.br
Mon Nov 25 11:14:42 EST 2002

I think that all the code that is dependent on a particular database
should be completely isolated, making it simpler to port to new
databases, for instance: Nicola likes postgres, you like mysql, and I
love oracle (besides it is very expensive), somebody else would like an
interbase or a sapdb backend.

--
Best Regards,

Alessandro Oliveira
Nuno Ferreira Cargas Internacionais Ltda.
Phone: +55-11-3241-2000
Fax  : +55-11-3242-9891

It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a real
man to make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful.