Changing databases at runtime

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Nov 26 06:19:36 EST 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2002, Rob Siemborski writes:
> > On 25 Nov 2002, Erik Enge wrote:
> This is in part a packaging and upgrading issue, though.  Especially

Detecting the backends and running a script or program when the backends
changed is simple enough for my .debs, and AFAIK for the good RPMs out there
too...

So a slightly smarter cvt_cyrusdb-like utility would be enough for my needs,
and I bet it would fix the issue for most other people as well.

Do notice that the utility needs to be aware it has to do two-step migration
(first, dump the database to another filename, then dump it again to the
proper name erasing the old one), so as to make sure the db backends will
not complain later about filename changes...

There is no need to boggle down master because of it anyway:  depending on
how it is implemented, we can even have it run as a STARTUP service...

  Henrique Holschuh