Newbie help: Domain names as part of user names/mailboxes/etc?

Harris Landgarten harrisl at lhjonline.com
Tue Nov 26 13:55:04 EST 2002

At least on my server, it doesn't matter. Even though sasldblistusers2
shows me as harrisl at d8100.landgarten.local, I still sign in from Outlook
and Evolution as harrisl and my mailboxes which were created with cyradm
are in the form user.harrisl.inbox etc. Remember you still have to
create user jay in cyradm even though you already created a password for
user jay in saslpassword2. The username that you set up in cyradm is
what the imap server will know you as. Sasl will be used for
authentication if you use auxprops in your config and you don't supply
your domain when signing in. Try signing in with imtest -m login as jay
after creating a password for jay with saslpassword2 and you will see
that it works.

Harris

--
Harris Landgarten <harrisl at lhjonline.com>