Newbie help: Domain names as part of user names/mailboxes/etc?

Harris Landgarten harrisl at lhjonline.com
Tue Nov 26 14:31:23 EST 2002

Try using saslauthd and see if that works for you.Put

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

in /etc/imapd.conf and start saslauthd

You should then be able to log in using your unix system name and
password. That should let you verify that cyrus imap is working properly
and that you can get email.

If that works I would delete /etc/sasldb2, recreate it and start fresh
with one user name. I don't know why you could be having this problem
unless you used the -u DOM option in saslpasswd2.

Harris

--
Harris Landgarten <harrisl at lhjonline.com>