Procmail and Deliver

Brian brianb at sboss.com
Thu Nov 28 20:35:03 EST 2002

Andersin said:

> I am trying to set up the following construction:
>
> Mail --> postfix --> procmail --> deliver --> cyrus imap mailbox.
>
> The problem that I have is that deliver doesn't work correctly (I
> suppose) when called directly from procmail or the shell. If I skip the
> procmail step everything works fine. I know that I can use websieve to
> do the trick, but I would like to stick with procmail for user
> friendliness, until I get them to use websieve.

Short answer: Avoid using procmail with cyrus, unless you want to have to
screw with setuid problems with procmail and deliver and ACL wackiness on
users' mailboxes.  IMO, the hassle you go through as an admin to force the
two together is greater than the hassle of your users having to convert to
sieve.

Websieve and the avelsieve plugin for squirrelmail beat procmail hands
down for simple administrative tasks.

--
Brian