Procmail and Deliver

Werner Reisberger werner at pure.ch
Fri Nov 29 02:31:48 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 02:02:46AM +0100, Andersin wrote:
> I am trying to set up the following construction:
>
> Mail --> postfix --> procmail --> deliver --> cyrus imap mailbox.
>
> The problem that I have is that deliver doesn't work correctly (I
> suppose) when called directly from procmail or the shell.

It works not even from the shell? So, it's not a procmail problem at
first.
You should provide some more information about how you call procmail,
and deliver. deliver is hard to use because it frequently gives no sensible
error status and no error messages. You should take care not to feed messages
with a "From " header line, otherwise deliver will crash silently.

That's my call for procmail in master.cf which works with cyrus 2.0.xx:

cyrusp    unix  -       n       n       -       -      pipe
     user=cyrus:mail argv=/usr/local/bin/procmail -p
         /etc/rc/procmailrc LOGNAME=${user}
         EXTENSION=${extension} RECIP=${recipient}

That's how deliver is called:

:0w
| $DELIVER -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME

-Werner