Sieve Vacation not working

Ricardo T. Muggli ricardo.muggli at mnsu.edu
Wed Dec 18 17:56:24 EST 2002

I have the following script that I have installed and activated using
sieveshell.

require ["vacation","reject"];

if address :is "From" "ricardo.muggli at mnsu.edu" {
   reject "Please do not email me anymore.";
} else {
   vacation "I'm on vacation.";
}

When I send a message from ricardo.muggli at mnsu.edu I get a
reject message and the message does not get delivered to the
cyrus mailstore, just as expected. When I send a message from another
e-mail address there is no vacation reply. The message gets
delivered to the cyrus mailstore though as expected.

I have been following the documentation at
http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/drafts/sieve-vacation-04.txt

Is there a newer document about sieve vacation?
Is my syntax broken?
Is it possible that the sieve vacation functionality is broken?

I am using cyrus-imapd-2.1.11, cyrus-sasl-2.1.10, and sendmail.8.12.6.

Thanks,

--
Ricardo Muggli (ricardo.muggli at mnsu.edu)
Information and Technology Services - System Management