Timsieved With unixhierarchysep: yes

John Capo jc at irbs.com
Wed Dec 18 18:23:32 EST 2002

The question is with unixhierarchysep: yes, should sieve script
directories have mapped or unmapped '.' characters?

Lmtpd in 2.1.3 and 2.1.CVS expects unmapped '.' characters for sieve
script directory names:

    ..../sieve/t/test_example.com/default

Timsieved in 2.1.3 followed the same unmapped convention:

    ..../sieve/t/test_example.com/s1.script

Timsieved in 2.1.CVS creates directories with mapped '.' characters:

   ..../sieve/t/test_example^com/s1.script

Lmtpd can't find sieve scripts.

Another timsieved problem that drove me nuts is mboxlist_detail()
is called from cmd_authenticate() with an unmapped mailbox name.
The unmapped mailbox does not exist and timsieved reports auth
failure when auth failure is not the problem.

I added mapping in cmd_authenticate() and actions_setuser() in
timsieved to get my test environment running but that's not the
right fix.

John Capo