unable to access folders - need help troubleshooting

Joe sfjoe at sfjoe.com
Tue Dec 3 13:09:31 EST 2002

It seems I am unable to access the trash folders (Inbox.Trash) to
archive and purge them after they reach a certain size. I've tried with
several different clients (Squirrelmail, NS Messenger and Balsa) and
they all either time out or tell me they can't make a connection. I'm
new to imap and cyrus so I don't know were to start hunting for the
trouble. The server log says the folder was opened and make no mention
of any problems. All the other folders are functioning fine.