How to use non-ascii charsets with sieve?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Dec 10 09:32:28 EST 2002

I dug up the patch I have for creating a separate Sieve charset table.
I have no idea if it will still apply cleanly due to its age, but it
should point you at the places to look in the code.  If you can find a
way to make one unified table as Larry suggests, that would be great.

Mark Keasling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:17:06 -0500, Lawrence Greenfield <leg+ at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote...
> > --On Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:52 AM +0900 Mark Keasling
> > <mark at air.co.jp> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Larry,
> >
> > [ ... decode in fill_cache() ... ]
> > > This hasn't been tested this yet since I stuck it in yesterday before
> > > going home and have just returned to the office.  It should decode
> > > subjects into utf8.  But it may have "interesting" unintended
> > > side-effects.  So far we are only interested in decoded subjects.  But
> > > decoding the comment part of addresses also has a high probability of
> > > being desired.  Depends on the feed-back we get from users.
> > >
> > > Will charset_decode1522( ) strip the whitespace?
> >
> > Yes, the output of charset_decode1522() is intended to be fed into the
> > Cyrus IMAP SEARCH algorithm, which ignores whitespace. It also does case
> > folding, preventing "i;octet" searches from working.
> >
> > charset_decode1522() would work if it was using a different transcoding
> > table than what is generated in the lib/ directory.
>
> I'm in the process of trying to figure out how this stuff works...
> Is it possible to separate the charset to utf-8 conversion from the text to
> search data transformation?
>
> Regards,
> Mark Keasling <mark at air.co.jp>

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127