cyrus 2.2 status

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Fri Dec 13 10:19:53 EST 2002

Rob Siemborski wrote:

>But unless the contents of the folders are backed up in this way too, you
>haven't really gained a significant amount, since the transactions that
>cyrus needs to make rely on the contents of the filesystem as well.

True, although with the metadata secure you can politely tell the user
their message is gone I agree that is of little benefit unless the
messages are stored in the database as well.  For a large installation,
avoiding the downtime to reconstruct large databases after a crash might
be a benefit worth the effort.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931