Return-path header control

Jonathan Marsden jonathan at bach.xc.org
Tue Dec 17 11:55:00 EST 2002

On 17 Dec 2002, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh writes:

> I could write code to add a configuration option to Cyrus so that it
> has two methods to deal with return-path:

> 1. Override (should be the default one): trash any return-path
>    headers in the message, and add ours (from -r or MAIL FROM:)

> 2. Add: Add our return-path header _if_ there ins't already one in
>    there.  Messages with more than one return-path header are in
>    error.

It might be good to add a couple of other options while you are about
it:

3. Remove: removes any existing Return-Path and does not add a new
one.

4. Ignore: does nothing, leaves any existing Return-Path header(s) in
place.

That way all reasonable possibilities (at least, that I can think up!)
for handling Return-Path are available and documented.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Marsden       	| Internet: jonathan at xc.org	| Making electronic
1252 Judson Street  	| Phone: +1 (909) 795-3877	| communications work