Install

Yann Debonne cyrus at debonne.net
Mon Dec 16 15:29:13 EST 2002

Nuno,

I don't know a thing about vpopmail, but I can tell you this.  I too
have RH-v7.3 and  hands-down the best HOW-TO that I've seen for Cyrus
install (w/postfix) is Luc de Louw's document
(http://www.delouw.ch/linux/).  After fumbling unsuccessfully with
Cyrus for two years (I'm a total newbie/hobbyist), I found his document
and followed it line-by-line and was successful due to it's clarity and
flow.

However, with this being said, his document does not cover Red Hat
specifically, so you'll have to do quite a few mods and create some
symbolic links here and there.  If you got this route, here are some
tips.  By the way, my total install was:
(Apache 1.3.26 w/php support + MySQL-Max + SASL + Cyrus + Postfix +
Squirrelmail + Cyrus-Web-cyradm)

* Do NOT use rpms.  Only install from binaries.
* Remove ALL relevant rpms FIRST, from your RH installation.
* DO NOT use Luc's instructions for MySQL.  Follow their install notes
instead.
* Test it out on your own account alone for a couple solid weeks as all
sorts of small nit-picky things pop up.

Yann