Timsieved With unixhierarchysep: yes

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Dec 19 11:14:47 EST 2002

John Capo wrote:

> The question is with unixhierarchysep: yes, should sieve script
> directories have mapped or unmapped '.' characters?

Unmapped.  There is no reason for them to be mapped.

> Lmtpd in 2.1.3 and 2.1.CVS expects unmapped '.' characters for sieve
> script directory names:
>
>     ..../sieve/t/test_example.com/default
>
> Timsieved in 2.1.3 followed the same unmapped convention:
>
>     ..../sieve/t/test_example.com/s1.script
>
> Timsieved in 2.1.CVS creates directories with mapped '.' characters:
>
>    ..../sieve/t/test_example^com/s1.script
>
> Lmtpd can't find sieve scripts.

CVS as of when ('cyradm ver' will tell you)?  I don't see how this can
happen with the current code.

> Another timsieved problem that drove me nuts is mboxlist_detail()
> is called from cmd_authenticate() with an unmapped mailbox name.
> The unmapped mailbox does not exist and timsieved reports auth
> failure when auth failure is not the problem.
>
> I added mapping in cmd_authenticate() and actions_setuser() in
> timsieved to get my test environment running but that's not the
> right fix.

This was fixed in CVS yesterday.  Please try this code and see if you
still have any problems.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127