Problems creating mailboxes in 2.1.x

Matt Sealey matt at binarystar.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 08:06:03 EST 2002

I've just set up my 2.x server and it's working great (authenticating and
so on.. the most annoying part :) apart from mailboxes and folders.

>From a clean system (cleaned out folders, ran mkimap), if I log in as
"cyrus", run cyradm, and cm user.bob, when I look at the list of
folders in Outlook, I get

Shared Folders
   user.bob

Which is odd.

If I telnet in, and do the following:

 LOGIN bob sesame
 SELECT INBOX

I get

 NO Mailbox does not exist

Surely the user's INBOX is created as user.bob? I am currently reading
through the Managing IMAP book and whatever small amount of documentation
there is online. I used to run a 1.5 system which worked fine enough
until I decided Linux wasn't for me and FreeBSD would suit better for
performance and so on. I actually wonder if there is some difference
between 1.5 and 2.1 mailbox stuff that would explain this behaviour?

--
Matt <matt at binarystar.co.uk>