Case Sensitivity

Scott Smith scott at lackluster.net
Tue Dec 24 19:21:55 EST 2002

I am using a UNIX socket for Cyrus LMTP....regardless, at some point,
someone stated that this behavior has changed with Postfix.  I am using
1.1.12, which up until, like, Sunday was the latest release.

Discussion on this list has implied that this behavior (Postfix NOT
lowercasing the username, supposedly) has been in place for a reasonably
non-trivial amount of time.

So, unless someone got their dates wrong, or unless this guy is using 2.0,
then Postfix will deliver to an address with an uppercase username just
fine.

He didn't specify which Postfix release he was using, and IIRC he didn't
even UPGRADE Postfix, just Cyrus IMAP and SASL, so....

Scott

--
scott at lackluster.net                     ``Chews?  I'll take charleston
http://storm.lackluster.net/~scott/     chews for SIXTEEN MILLIONS!!''