[Annoyed] Cyrus-imapd/sasl upgrade and lmtpd behaviour...

Steve Clement steve.clement at ltam.lu
Sun Dec 29 23:19:12 EST 2002

Hi,

first off all I want to say hello to the list as I am new on it. Small
and boring intro:
I am a Unix Sysadmin from Luxembourg and in constant fight with lmtpd
when it comes to updates :(

following stuff has been updated:

cyrus-sasl/imapd-2.1.5 -> cyrus-imapd-2.1.11 sasl-2.1.10

I used the very same configure lines as before all worked allright but
when I restarted the 'master ' program I saw this entry in the logs:

iron deliver[15406]: connect(/var/imap/socket/lmtp) failed: Connection
refused

This is really annoying and now my live servers are fucked, so no mail
for me anymore nor for my clients. Obvious question: what changed/have I
done wrong?

Now my cyrus.conf file might not be really up to date as the ctl_deliver
is deprecated, but that aint the problem.
I remember having this problem before but I can't remember how I fixed
it. But I do remember it took days to figure out.

Find attached my 2 conf files.

If you guys can't help please point me too some other place as this is
really urgent.

Thank you all very much in advance,

Steve

my imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: 1stadmin 2ndadmin
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
pwcheck_method: sasldb
tls_cert_file: /var/imap/someserver.pem
tls_key_file: /var/imap/someserver.pem

my cyrus.conf:

   # standard standalone server implementation

   START {
     # do not delete these entries!
     mboxlist      cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"
     deliver       cmd="ctl_deliver -r"

     # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
     #  idled                cmd="idled"
   }

   # UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
   SERVICES {
     # add or remove based on preferences
     imap         cmd="imapd" listen="localhost:imap" prefork=1
   #  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
     imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
     pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
   #  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
   #  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

     # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
   #  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
     lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
   }

   EVENTS {
     # this is required
     checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

     # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
   #  delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" period=1440
   }