Feasibility of Red Hat Cluster Manager and LVM for Cyrus IMAP

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 27 12:21:50 EDT 2002

--On Tuesday, August 27, 2002 12:01:48 -0400 Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>
wrote:

>> Another question I have regards the partitions for the Cyrus mailboxes.
>> Using the Linux logical volume manager (LVM) and XFS's xfs_grow command
>> it is possible to grow partitions while the machine is running and they
>> are mounted.
>

> AFAIK, xfs_grow can only be done on an unmounted filesystem.

Nope. In fact it *has* to be mounted in order to use xfs_growfs!

> I'd also
> be surprised if you could add to a logical volume while its mounted.

You can. First you add it via lvextend, then you do xfs_growfs. I just
tried it. Cool, isn't it?
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK