idled too fast?

Luc Germain luc.germain at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Aug 27 16:50:46 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm testing cyrus imapd 2.1.7 on a Pentium-3 1.4 GHz system running redhat
7.3. I have compiled with idled activated.

When using Outlook 2000 on Win98SE as a client, Outlook never see the latest
mail arrived in the inbox folder. I monitored the inbox folder content (from
the command prompt) and the log in /var/imap/log, and when a new mail
arrive, the IDLE command stop and warn that new mail is available. Then
Outlook immediatly ask for all the new mail (UID FETCH 115:*) but cyrus does
not list the last one that just arrived (UID 116).

I'm guessing that the IDLE command warns the client too soon, before the
last message is really included in the cyrus.index file so Outlook does not
see it.

Is it possible? If so, is it possible to change IDLED so it warns the client
only after the mail is really delivered? (Or at least add a small delay to
IDLED)

Note that I didn't see that problem when testing cyrus imapd 2.1.4 on a
Pentium 3 1.2 GHz system running redhat 7.2

Thanks for any help with this.

Luc.
--
Luc Germain, analyste