cyrus 2.1.8, cyradm, saslauthd problem

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Wed Aug 28 16:35:09 EDT 2002

Hello!

   This is my third upgrade since using cyrus... and I have a little
   problem with the new cyradm.
Just look that:

# cyradm --user cyrus localhost
Password: [shadow password]
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

----------
My imapd.conf have a line saying that:
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

And.... of course:
22060 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a pam
[there are more daemons, exactly five, from 22060 to 22064 running now.

Im trying now with pam because, the old cyrus (2.0.16) working with SASLv1
worked well with this pam configuration,
Here you are my pam.d/imap file:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so

Well.... WHY CYRADM doesn't log in my cyrus user. Actually my cyrus user
doesn't are only in my shadow (password) file, not in LDAP. (that is
because PAM are checking my users in LDAP)
What's wrong?

Thanks,

sorry for my poor english...

Felix