/var/imap/ Permission denied with RPMs

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Fri Aug 30 01:39:07 EDT 2002

"Schmehl, Paul L" schrieb:

> Yes, you're missing something obvious.  From the install docs:
> (install-configure.html)

Hi,

That's what the rpms are good for. They care for everything and they
build Cyrus IMAPd with Linux FHS compliant diretories.
The most likely problem here is that he installed the rpms over an
existing Cyrus IMAPd installation, which was made 'by hand'. The usual
mess when installing without package managment.

Simon