SASL/LDAP re-entrancy problem(?) on Debian 3.0

Mika Iisakkila mika.iisakkila at pingrid.fi
Fri Aug 30 09:44:58 EDT 2002

Rob Siemborski wrote:
> Cyrus will be consulting the name service switch for group lookups in
> lib/auth_unix.c, you will probably need to modify the code to prevent
> this.

Indeed - I commented the group stuff out from auth_newstate(), and
Cyrus works like a champ now :-) Thanks for the pointer.

I had forgotten all about the IMAP group concept, and assumed
SASLDB to be completely self-contained for authentication, like
it is for the users and their passwords. Are there any plans to
separate the IMAP group lookups from the Unix groups, too?
Or maybe the group lookups could be a configurable option,
since I assume many sites don't use them at all?

PS. special thanks for making 2.1.x behave much better for a
sandbox installation than 2.0, where especially the perl stuff
just wouldn't agree to stay out from the system paths without
hard work. I still wish the paths for /etc/imapd.conf and
/etc/cyrus.conf were configurable at least during compile time,
though...

--mika