imclient_authenticate ?

Patrick Welche prlw1 at newn.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 30 10:06:50 EDT 2002

I'm reinventing the wheel: I want to transfer all mail from an ageing imapd
to a shiny Cyrus imapd. All I could find on the web either required
freepascal and a windoze box, or UW-imap libraries (maybe I didn't look hard
enough?) So, the way forwards seems to be libcyrus. What is ssf?

imclient(3) has:
       int imclient_authenticate (struct imclient *imclient,
       struct sasl_client **availmech, const char *service, const
       char *user, int protallowed);

The example uses protallowed=SASL_PROT_ANY, but I can't find a SASL_PROT_ANY
anywhere, and cyrus/imclient.h has:

extern int imclient_authenticate(struct imclient *imclient,
                                 char *mechlist,
                                 char *service,
                                 char *user,
                                 int minssf,
                                 int maxssf);

So, what is an ssf?

Also, what do you put into availmech if you would like to use one of
the plugins, eg digest-md5 ?

Cheers,

Patrick