[ECE PhiBar] Double celebration at Phi Bar tonight

Boris Lipchin blipchin at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 31 19:42:52 EDT 2009

Kevin Chang has just turned 21. Steve Thompson just got a sweet job. We
have a duty to purchase these guys a beer.

Beer for thought:

How could you create a system that has the same behavior as a BJT, but
instead of current you use beer? By providing a small amount of beer to
a person standing at the base terminal to the person at the emitter
terminal, could you induce the person at the collector terminal to buy
the emitter 100 times as many drinks as you?

My proposal:
You have two engineers doped with two slightly different salaries at the
base and emitter terminals and a very attractive girl at the emitter.
The base by the girl 1 beer, and the collector responds by purchasing
the girl 100 as many beers. I saw we try and model this at Phi Bar
tonight at 10:00pm.

Boris