[ECE PhiBar] Super important ECE Phi

Boris Lipchin blipchin at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 18 14:52:48 EDT 2009

If you put 23 people in the same room there is over a 50% chance that
two of them will share a birthday. However, if you put 23 people in a
room, there is also a greater than 50% chance that they will share a
beer, especially if that room is in a bar. Come, study the mysticisms of
the theory of probability today at 10:00pm at Phi Bar. The calculation
we will be performing today is: "What are the odds that Saint Patrick's
happens on the day before my birthday". What other interesting
calculations can be performed with beer when it's $7.00 for a pitcher?

Boris