[ECE PhiBar] Mandatory meeting of all on-site members this Wednesday

Boris Lipchin blipchin at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 13 17:48:47 EST 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I must call together an emergency meeting of all members this Wednesday
at 9:30pm at Phi Bar. Last semester I performed a grievous mistake, I
was enrolled in OS, which means that for every  beer I would have drank,
instead I wrote a line of code. My kernel was ~8,700 lines of code. This
means two things. First: we have a lot of catching up to do. Second: If
I hadn't taken OS I would no doubt be dead from a combination of
cirrhosis, massive liver damage, and alcohol poisoning.

I think that if one follows the eternal rule of: friends don't let
friends take OS, I can lay the fault of last semester at the feet of the
entire ECE department, and therefore, we must all share in the
responsibility of the recovery phase. Lines of code must NEVER again
catch up to beer consumption.

We begin tomorrow at 9:30pm. This will be the biggest ECE Phi Bar yet,
and will reawaken the tradition, our livers will remember this for years
to come.

Drink for thought: What is the optimal conversion between beers and
lines of code and why?

Boris