[ECE PhiBar] Start of a Dynasty

Douglas Robl drobl at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 19 23:32:07 EST 2008

Hey Everyone,

As some of you may know, last Friday was the Mr. Engineer competition.
Following in the heels of Bowei Gai, Boris Lipchin successfully
represented our department and come home with the Mr. Engineer crown.
In other news, SWE is thinking about not letting Susan Farrington judge
the Mr. Engineer competition again (just joking, but seriously).  Since
I know most of you were not able to make it to the competition, I wanted
to reproduce Boris' introduction into the competition just so you could
all read it:

Mr ECE is junior Boris Lipchin.  A student by day, Boris fourier
transforms at night into a veritable engineering superhero.  Among
Boris' many superpowers are his ability to divide by zero and
dereference null.  He also is known to have super strength, not by any
supernatural consequences, but by the fact that he works our constantly,
where he is known to his fellow gym-goers as "The LC Tank."  His super
strength allows him to run at speeds near the speed of light.  One time
he ran backwards and time reversed.  That very same occasion, Boris met
up with then not-so-famous computer architect Gene Amdahl.  Boris found
him to be too stupid and so kicked him in the face so hard that Mr.
Amdahl thought he was being kicked by many legs in parallel, inspiring
him to create his famous law.  Boris is also very popular with the
ladies.  It is not because he is good looking, but because he is a
magnetic monopole and thus attracts everything.  Having cured cancer and
poverty last year, Boris is turning his efforts this year to the world's
second greatest evil, the ECE Embedded System curriculum.  Let's hope he
prevails.

It's no wonder he won!  To celebrate this victory, we're all going to
Phi Bar on Wednesday at 9.  There we will eat, drink, and be merry.  If
all goes well, Genevieve with mouth off to Boris and he'll use his super
strength to punch her in the face.

-Doug

This week also starts the a new weekly tradition - The Rick Carley term
of the week.

This week's Rick Carley term of the week is: Sputtered Nichrome