[Disksim-users] Serious problems using dixtrac extracted parameters

Anjo Vahldiek vahldiek at mpi-sws.org
Mon Jun 17 06:13:29 EDT 2013

Hi,

In general it is difficult to reason about differences without knowing
how you issued the requests to disks (e.g. O_direct, by SCSI cmd,
flushing caches, ...) and which exact models you used.

My suggest is that you look at the validation step of dixtrac. At the
end of dixtrac it runs a validation workload and produces 4 pdfs
showing the difference between simulated & real device. (called
mixed(.hist).pdf and random(.hist).pdf which are part of the tar)
Especially the mixed workload in case of 146g shows a significant
difference. The 300g model shows less differences.  (not sure which of
the two you used) You should be able to use the code part to prodcude
the same pdfs using your disks instead of ours.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Anjo