[Disksim-users] some questions about using disksim4.0

Anjo Vahldiek vahldiek at mpi-sws.org
Sun Mar 4 08:43:57 EST 2012

Hi,

I can only help you with the first issue. Please have a look at the
.parv file you are using.

disksim_global Global {
   Init Seed = 42,
   Real Seed = 42,
   Stat definition file = statdefs
   Detailed execution trace = exectrace
}

The last option generates the information you want to know about how
long every request took on a per request basis. It writes it into the
file you provide as an argument.

It does not include whether or not an access was cached, but you can
tell from the time it took to process the request. If a request has 0
response time it is very likely that it was cached.

Anjo