[Disksim-users] some questions about using disksim4.0

代成俊 dcjy at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sat Mar 3 21:43:59 EST 2012

Dear Sir(Miss):
     I am using disksim(V4.0). My work is to use disksim to simulate one disk(SEAGATE_ST32171W) subsystem.
The system topology is just like this:

# system topology
topology disksim_iodriver driver0 [
   disksim_bus bus0 [
      disksim_ctlr ctlr0 [
         disksim_bus bus1 [
            disksim_disk disk0 []
         ] # end of bus1
      ] # end of ctlr0
   ] # end of bus0
] # end of system topology

My input is a a series of requests(Request arrival time,Device number,Block number,Request size,Request flags)
in a ascii file. The output I want to get is the response time per request and the situation of per request
hit cache, but the disksim only output the statistic information of all requests. so I want to consult some questions

1,What should I do to get the response time and hitting situation of per request?

2,The default input format is a simple ASCII stream (or file),which is the unit of "Request arrival time" and
"Request size",Seconds milliseconds or microseconds? KB or block?

3,The ascii.trace in the valid folder has 100000 requests, but when I run disksim ascii.parv stdout ascii ascii.trace 0,
there was only 99993 requests were handled(I have modified the system topology and iomap),Why lost seven request?

Sorry for the my poor english,thank you.

Best wishs.

ChengJun Dai.
2012-3-4