[Disksim-users] Using Disksim

Ricardo Rey ricardoreyyy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:59:07 EST 2011

Hi, all!

I am new to DiskSim, and I have not fully understood how to use it yet.

Basically, I need to make a C program which will call DiskSim.

As far as I understand things, in the parameter file I can "build" the
topology of my system, I can specify which disks I'm going to be using, the
type of disk, etc.

What I don't understand is how to tell the simulator what to do. Let's say
I want to simulate the writing of a 100MB file... how can I pass such a
request?
Should it be in the tracefile, or would it be "synthetically generated?
What would the "tracetype" be?

As you can see, I'm really lost here, and the PDF from the CMU web page is
more of a reference than a manual.

So... can someone help me out with this? Or maybe someone knows where I can
find an actual tutorial/manual on how to use DiskSim?

Greetings!

Rick