[Disksim-users] The Disk's " Rotation speed (in rpms)" parameter value in the source code!

Anjo Vahldiek vahldiek at mpi-sws.org
Mon Aug 1 08:54:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

The struct you are looking for is called dm_mech_g1 in
diskmodel/mech_g1.h. It stores the rpm and the rpmerror. If you look at
when rpm is used you will find it in mech_g1_load.c (dm_mech_g1_load
function). It is used to calculate the rotatetime variable of
dm_mech_g1. This variable is used in various places in mech_g1.c e.g.
dm_rottime_g1.

To me it seems that instead of changing the rpm you should rather
change the rotatetime, since the rpm is only used during load to
compute the rotatetime... You should be able to access the structure
through the dm_disk_if struct in disk.

Hope this helps,
Anjo