[Disksim-users] Response Time and Access Time

mauricxe at netscape.net mauricxe at netscape.net
Sun Mar 21 18:00:21 EDT 2010

 Hello all,

I have a question about two of the numbers reported by Disksim at the end of a simulation.

Is my understanding of the following two metrics accurate?  If not, could you supplement my definition or point out what I am missing?

Access Time- Is this determined by a sum of the spin-up time, seek time, rotational delay, and transfer time?

Response Time-The amount of time it takes to issue the request and to receive the results.  This would also include Queue time.

Is my understanding of these two accurate?

Thanks!!!!