[Disksim-users] Can Disksim work with Simics or GEMS?

Alireza Haghdoost haghdoost at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:36:06 EST 2010

I think a good way to work with Disk-Sim is using disk-trace that captured
from full system simulator like SIMICS, In the other word we can install a
guest OS on top of the SIMICS virtual machine. In this guest OS we can run
our disk-stressing benchmarks and try to monitor disk access trace in host
machine by the means of SIMICS API functions.

are there any comment or idea in this topic ?

Note that since GEMS is a well known memory system simulator based on
SIMICS, I don't think that it need or can be used with Disksim.

Alireza Haghdoost
Graduate Student
Department of Computer Engineering
Sharif University of Technology