[Disksim-users] Simultanious disks

Talyansky, Roman roman.talyansky at sap.com
Thu Dec 30 09:25:24 EST 2010

Hello,

For the research purpose I plan to use DiskSim in a full system level simulator, where the simulator should simulate access to several disks spread over LAN network.
Basically I look for a way to use DiskSim to simulate several disks spread over the LAN network. I had a look at "disksim_interface.c" and found that disksim is a global variable, so it is probably impossible to instantiate several disksim instances in the same processe. Another (unpleasant) option may be to create several processes - where each process is dedicated to instantiating one disksim instance. This option is complex to manage.

Here is my question: is there a simpler way to simulate several disks?

Thanks in advance,

Roman