[Disksim-users] k-client problem

Yinliang Yue yueyinliang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:34:09 EDT 2009

I think you should emphasize on the "disk space management", not the
k-client problem.

In disksim, you can create a trace file, in which the time slots among
multiple I/O requests are small enough or approach to zero.

You may notice that disksim support the following case: the arrive time of
two or more I/O request can be equal to each other.

So I think generate the trace you needed and then try to propose a new
efficient disk space managenet approch to reduce the average response time
or improve the throughput under the k-client currency situation.

Best wishes!

Yinliang

HUST, China

On 6/19/09, Costin Savulescu <savulescucostin at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Good day everybody. I would like to ask you for some hints and pieces of
> advice about a project that I have for obtaining my Bachlor's Degree
> dipoloma. My project is called "Disk space administration in the case of the
> k-client problem". The k-client problem reffers to having multiple threads
> or processes requesting acces to the disk. So in essence this is a
> concurrency problem.
> What I would like to ask is how do I emphasize the k-client problem using
> DiskSim 4.0? I have also studied some disk access algorithms. Can anyone
> give me some hints? I suppose I will need to create a parameter file to
> simulate a disk in order to emphasize the k-client problem.
> Awaiting for your reply, thank you in advance. All the best!

Best regards!

Yinliang Yue
HUST, Wuhan, China