[Disksim-users] k-client problem

Costin Savulescu savulescucostin at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 09:21:31 EDT 2009

Good day everybody. I would like to ask you for some hints and pieces of advice about a project that I have for obtaining my Bachlor's Degree dipoloma. My project is called "Disk space administration in the case of the k-client problem". The k-client problem reffers to having multiple threads or processes requesting acces to the disk. So in essence this is a concurrency problem.
What I would like to ask is how do I emphasize the k-client problem using DiskSim 4.0? I have also studied some disk access algorithms. Can anyone give me some hints? I suppose I will need to create a parameter file to simulate a disk in order to emphasize the k-client problem.
Awaiting for your reply, thank you in advance. All the best!