[Disksim-users] Crash at ioqueue_remove_from_subqueue

Yinliang Yue yueyinliang at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:06:43 EST 2009

Hi Bhushan,

I don't know the specific runtime environment of your testing, so I can't
give you the accurate suggestion.

I think you'd better add a new request via addintq() function.

Also, you'd better check the complete of every subrequest in
iodriver_access_complete(),  and the complete of every logical request in
logorg_mapcomplete().

Furthermore, you'd better check the .parv file you used and adjust the queue
parameters.

I hope you find these suggestions useful.

Yinliang Yue
HUST, China

On 2/23/09, Bhushan <mohan at cs.virginia.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Disksim crashes at ioqueue_remove_from_subqueue() when used along with ssd
> add-on. This function removes tmp from the queue and resets the pointer in
> the double linked list. But tmp->prev is NULL because of which disksim
> crashes at tmp->prev->next. while accessing tmp->prev. Also, tmp->prev is
> NULL for the entire tmp list.
>
> Can someone provide the guidelines as to when we should be calling
> ioqueue_insert_new_request() and when we should be calling
> ioqueue_remove_from_subqueue() assuming that the requests are serviced in
> FCFS. In this way, I can find out if I am incorrectly calling any of the two
> functions mentioned above.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,