[Disksim-users] Which queue for scheduling scheme ?

Yinliang Yue yueyinliang at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:41:26 EST 2008

In disksim, there are multiple queues, for example, the queue for device
drives, the queue for controls and the queue for disks.

I think the queue related to multiple disk scheduling schems (e.g. SSTP,
SCAN and so on) are the queue for device drives not the queue for disks.
This is also imposed in the reference manual of disksim 3.0 implicitly.

However, let us have a look at RAID1, there are multiple disks in one RAID.
so there are multiple disk heads, and then there are multiple positioning
times for a specific request for  a data, because of the mirror of data.
I think there must be a selection algorithm in the driver of RAID to
deciding which replica will be read.

Would anyone tell me whether the conclusion i guess is right or not ?

The scheduling schemes are really implemented in device drivers not in disks
?