[Disksim-users] Saturation in DISKSIM_malloc()

Zhe Zhang brucezhezhang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:00:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using DiskSim-2.0 with the "Seagate Cheetah 9LP" disk listed on
the DiskSim website.
It works fine with some traces, but for some other more intensive
traces (intervals b/w
requests are short), it gives me a lot of "Stopping simulation because
of saturation" error
messages, and the simulation finally stops running.

I tried allocating more space for disksim by using a larger number for
the 2nd parameter
of the function disksim_interface_initialize(disk, len, paramFile,
outFile), but still the saturation
errors will kill the simulation. The difference is, if I use larger
len value, more saturation error
messages will be printed before the simulation is stopped.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Zhe Zhang