[Disksim-users] Bring code forward to current compiler?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Oct 8 08:48:19 EDT 2007

Hi Alan,

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 09:27 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> Asking Disksim users to step back to the 2.95 version of GCC is a bit
> odd, in my opinion.  Being new to the program I know little of it's
> history.  Perhaps someone can fill me in on the situation.

	:-) DiskSim is unmaintained (unfortunately).

> 1. Is there a technical reason or difficulty that has prevent the port
> forward?

	Nope; nothing I'm aware of.

	If you go to http://live.gnome.org/iogrind and look at 'getting the
code' - you can download a version of disksim-3.0 embedded into iogrind
with a number of bug fixes, autoconf-isation, that will build ~without
warnings on a recent SUSE. Do feel free to rip it out of there for your
own use :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.