[Disksim-users] Does DiskSim support disk array reconstruction/rebuild?

Steve Schlosser swschlosser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:16:19 EST 2007

No, Disksim does not support its own rebuild.  You would have to
generate this workload yourself.  I would do this by simulating an
5-disk array with no redundancy, generating simultaneous reads from
the four non-failed disks, adding in some think time to simulate
re-building the data from parity, then issuing writes to the fifth
disk.  While this is running, you could run some foreground requests
as well.  You could do this pretty easily by writing a program that
uses the disksim_interface to issue your requests to the disk and
drive the simulator - see the syssim program as an example of how to
use disksim_interface.

-steve